Friday 27 December 2013

what I want my magazine to look like...

I want my model to stand out above the others in the market, I want my magazine to look different not as in bright and colourful but neat and new. Using a simple layout as the front cover, I want little text so the image stands out and speaks for itself. Using different sized text I want to amplify the importance of the main headings, using san-serif fonts to make my magazine look bold and youthful.

I want my model to seem dramatic on the front cover, as that image explains the main feature of the magazine. I want my model appear young and make my audience interested by doing this I made my model experiement with different looks, I have shown a range of images which explains the process during the shoot with chloe. At first she adventured with the natural look but I thought using that as the front image may come across boring and dull but also made her look innocent and fresh, however we still changed her costume (see through white top) which may of gave the impression that she was rebellous and stylish, by using dramatic makeup I wanted to audience to be interested (heavy black makeup) and changing and adjusting her hair so the images weren't repetitive and that it gave more images to use from.

I want my magazine to look like i-D or Dazed magazine this is because these magazines look youthful and up to date, for example they just one focused image less text and focus on the model they have taken a photo of but in my case I would take a focused images of the model/artist and make my masthead and headlines music related and make the magazine more fun.
I like the simple but statement front covers that doesn't say much or look over the top but looks interesting and stands out because it's different.

No comments:

Post a Comment