Tuesday 17 December 2013

following from the first photo shoot

From the photo shoot I learnt that its difficult to get the right shot, after taking over a 100 photos only some photos are appropriate to use. I want my front cover to look simple but unique, with either a black and white image or a focused image without a busy back drop. I have displayed all my photos on my flickr account, I've used the flickr account so it's easier to access all my photos and show my progress using different camera angles,edited images and not edited, different styles and costumes because it allows an unlimited amount of photos.
I can't use some of the images as my front cover because the images are using cigarettes as props, I can't use these in my magazine as this promotes smoking which shouldn't be displayed in the media. I am currently using the images at the moment because I think they look effective and because I'm trying to learn to edit and adapt my photos. As a front cover I'm using the images to see what I need to use as a future front cover image that I'm planning to do.

What I liked about the shoot and the images produced is that they are all simple and not too busy, I like that the subject was the right age and was suitable for the front cover. I would of preferred if the back drop was smooth, as most of the images were taken outside at night it restricted me and the subject to take more creative images also as it was difficult because no plain white walls were outside. What I disliked about the shoot and the images is that I had lack of creation/ideas, all the images are very similar and get tedious I wish I would of made the subject look more interesting by using variety of different costumes, hair styles and maybe using makeup to make the model look different.

No comments:

Post a Comment