Monday 2 December 2013

Photo planning sheet for my front cover

Photographs I'm planning to take to my front cover image

I have choose this specific photos as an idea of what kind of images I'd like to take for my music magazine, even thought none of these photos are actual music artists, I like the way most of the images are close ups, eye level and are very focused of the blank facial expressions.Most music magazines use close ups as their image in order to make it look professional and stand out, if I were to use this idea I would use a music artist/model with a fixed close up just like as shown in many of the photos above. 
I think it's important to have these kind of images on the front cover because it is very showy and allows the audience to immediately view/notice who is feature in that specific issue of the magazine. Most of the images are super imposed, also in the majority of the photos the subject is looking directly into the camera which is vital when using the image for the front cover because it attracts the audience. 

There are a high mass of females in these images, I plan to use either females or males however with females you can experiment with make up and costumes. In most of these images all the females look natural and the image emphasis the features in the women's face. All models in the pictures are fairly young and youthful looking which is appropriate for my audience, as they are students, it allows the audience to relate to the models featured in the images. As most images are zoomed in it doesn't allow much room for costumes unless they are a mid shot image.

The similarity of these pictures are that they are black and white, unconsciously I choose these images without realising the colour theme but this shows that the black and white ones stand out, I like the simple images they allow the masthead and other text stand out, which makes the magazine look different and professional. i-D magazine does this commonly and as I am following this magazine style as a template because my audience voted it as the preferred front cover.
I want to have a shuttle back drop that looks plan and simple, they need to front cover image to be to look simple and focused on the face and the back drop to be blurred out or have one fixed colour as the background.

Kate moss models in a few of the photo has a natural look in all the images, I have used her as a good example as she features in a lot of close ups and in these specific images she looks very young and fun. In the image of her in front of a shed/wooded back drop which would still be suitable as a front cover for a music magazine, even though detailed back drops don't always work in this case it does. The mid shot/close up still looks professional and appropriate for the front cover, other images on the collage such as Kristen Stewart (model with hair tucked into stripped top) and Twiggy (black and white photo with her mouth open) these are the images I want to use these sorts of images that are very simple, what I specificly like about these images is that they are focused and the subject look interesting so the audience are intrigued by the front cover image and want to read more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment