Sunday 26 January 2014

One of my front cover attempts

With this front cover attempt I have used many of the conventions for example I have used CHLOE as a headline and several different coverlines such as DISCLOSURE, I have used these bold San-serif fonts to stand out and look unique.
I have used different colours on the fonts to highlight was is important I have also done this with the different sized fonts, this works well because it makes the word stand out and allows the audience to view that specific word first.
I have used a barcode/price and date to allow the audience to know when this issue was given and how much, this is important to put on my front cover to make the magazine look realistic and effective.

This image is very different as it has the disclosure face cover over the model, even though I liked this idea I felt that with the white lines in front of her face it didn't allow the photo to look as good as it does, also it made a barrier where Chloe the subject couldn't look straight at the camera. The audience might not find the front cover as bold without the subject looking at the camera/them.

What I did like about this front cover is that the disclosure front cover made the magazine look interesting, I liked that the coverlines fit nicely around the models face. I also liked that the image is in black and white allowing the masthead to stand out and look interesting.
But overall I don't think this is my strongest front cover because you can see lack of photography skills are shown off and no eye contact with the audience and the subject. 

No comments:

Post a Comment