Friday 3 January 2014

experimenting with photo

I used fireworks to edit the brightness on the photo, when making the image brighter it allows the colours to become more noticeable making the image stand out and look more interesting. In this image it made the subjects eye's stand out which made the photo look more significant and bold.
Again using fireworks I adjusted the saturation of this image by doing this it made the image look slightly black and white giving the idea it was an older photo, I tried using this to make the front cover look more unique making the images look different.
Then in this I started to make the magazine look more realistic by adding the masthead and the bar-code to see what the finishing product may look like, I like this attempt because it looks more natural and young. The masthead looks interesting and matches well with the photo I have chosen because the neutral coordinate.  

I tried changing the curves in the image that adjusted the colour/lighting, I only slightly moved the curves because the photo dramaticly changed when only slightly changing the curves, the images can be come washed out or to vibrant depending on which way the line bends to, making sure the image doesn't look to edited is important.  


this image is very different because I inverted the colours which made the photograph look like this, if this was to be a front cover image it would stand out, the image looks weird and interesting which I like however I don't know if its appropriate to have as the main focused image.

Then finally I used black and white, I like this because it's simple and makes the masthead stand out and look exaggerated. This layout of front cover comes very similar to dazed and confused magazine because the masthead is very large but the image is dramatic and centre of attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment