Tuesday 19 November 2013

Brand identity and brand values


Brand identity is how all the elements that contribute to the visual appearance work together to distinguish that brand in the mind of the audience/ consumer.  This could be the use of colour, fonts, style of imagery, layout and house style.  All successful brands work very hard to establish this recognition within their audience/ target market.
Brand values are things that are deemed important by a brand, the things that it stands for and it represents.
For my brand identity I would like to keep my brand name simple and modern this is so it’s catchy and memorable, I would like for my brand identity to be unique and young to suit my target audience. I want my brand identity to be professional and new, I like the block idea of simple logo and a showy photo which attracts the audience. Following from my questionnaire I will use the same music and theme they best prefer. I really like the conventions of the music magazine 1-D because I think my target audience would best suit this style magazine it’s simple and contemporary, the layout and be edited to suit any artist/band on the front cover.
For example this very basic but from the questionnaires done many people prefer the full photo front cover, they believe it stands out and they’d prefer to buy a magazine like this.
My brand values need to be suitable to my target audience I want my magazine to make music that is up to date and established. I want my audience to be suitable for a wide range of people so the magazine becomes popular however I don’t want my magazine to be look to similar to other magazines targeted at the same people. From my questionnaire the audience for my magazine is young adults so this magazine must be up to date and follow their interests, using colourful themes, less text and interesting images.
There are products on the market that are similar to the magazine I'm looking to create such as VIBE this is because that magazine follows the music industry and have a simple professional front cover, I like the theme and layout they have so with my own magazine I want to improve by picking out selective convents that make each magazine look good and youthful and apply them to my magazine.



No comments:

Post a Comment